Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic or CEREC has revolutionized dental procedures.
Traditionally crowns, onlays, inlays or dental veneers were multiple step procedures that involved a great deal of waiting. CEREC Same-Visit Crowns creates ceramic restorations within minutes in the dental office. This means that many treatments can be completed in just a single visit.
CEREC is comprised of several computer-assisted design (CAD) tools and a milling machine that creates custom ceramic restorative devices. CEREC can make almost any restoration to order allowing our doctors to place it immediately.
What are the advantages of CEREC?
- High-quality ceramic products.
- Minimal invasiveness.
- Less injections and discomfort.
- Fewer dental visits.
- More natural tooth is saved.
- Long lasting restorations.
- Biocompatible solutions.
How does CEREC work?
The CEREC System is sometimes called a CAD-CAM system. CAD-CAM means Computer Assisted Design and Computer Assisted Milling. The CEREC system has three major components:
- Acquisition device: This device contains a high-quality camera and a medical grade computer. The function of this unit is to digitally photograph the prepared tooth. Three-dimensional images are created of the tooth on the screen, which is used to design the perfect restoration.
- Three-dimensional CAD software: This software allows our doctors to examine the tooth from every angle. It is the closest possible thing to holding the tooth in their hand and rotating it.
- Milling device: This unit actually manufactures the custom restoration from the specifications entered into the computer. A ceramic block, which best resembles the existing tooth color is chosen and placed into the unit. Within minutes, the milling device produces the restoration. No horrible-tasting impressions or time-consuming transfers to and from the laboratory are required.